FOR FINE LINES & WRINKLES, TEXTURE & TONE, ACNE SCARS & STRETCH MARKS
Sublative Radio Frequency is a unique procedure which uses radio frequency to deliver an effective but controlled treatment for wrinkles, scars, large pores, stretchmarks and better texture of the skin.
Sublative RF is an alternative to harsher treatments like chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Instead of using light or lasers, Sublative RF uses radio frequency technology to tighten skin, shrink large pores, and heal previous acne scarring as well as improve mild to moderate wrinkles, red and brown spots, stretchmarks and textural irregularities. It generates deep dermal heating in the targeted skin region to induce skin injury, which elicits a wound healing response which leads to tighter, rejuvenated skin. Sublative restores a youthful glow and smooths skin texture without the pain or downtime associated with more invasive treatments, effectively targeting the skin’s imperfections while offering the following advantages: treatments in less than an hour; minimal downtime; affordable; safe and effective on all skin types.
(1) Initial Consultation
Before your first treatment, you will come in for an initial consultation where we will discuss realistic expectations, explain how Sublative RF and our Fractional Tip works and other treatments that will help complement and enhance your results, go over pricing, fill out Forms (which you can bring with you when you come in or fill out in office), and set up your schedule. We will also go over ways to increase your Sublative RF success with both products, combinations of treatments, and overall recommendations.
You will most likely not be receiving treatment on the day of this initial consultation, however you will receive a full treatment plan, with customized pricing, as well as how to prep for your treatment(s).
(2) Before Your Treatments
Fill out all relevant forms on our FORMS page. A topical anesthetic can be applied one hour prior to treatment (if necessary). All options will be discussed with during the initial consultation.
- Sublative RF cannot be performed if dermal fillers have been injected into the treatment area within 4 weeks prior to treatment, and no Botox 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after.
- Make sure to stay out of the sun and tanning booths for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- It is not recommended that patients with thyroid nodules or a history of thyroid cancers should be treated with Sublative RF on their neck.
- All exfoliating products containing a scrub or acids (ie. p50) should be discontinued 3 days before and 1 week after.
- Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any serious illnesses may have to wait before having treatment.
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-7 days prior to treatment.
(3) During Your Treatments
Goggles are used to protect the patient’s eyes and the skin will be cleansed thoroughly and dried for the most effective treatment. A heat sensation can be felt during treatment (sometimes compared to a sunburn), and you will feel some discomfort. A topical anesthetic is generally used prior to treatment to increase comfort.
Most patients see gradual and cumulative results throughout their Sublative RF treatment series.
Treatments typically take under one hour (depending on the number of areas being treated).
(4) What To Expect After Treatment
This is one of our most intense treatments – with great results but with some downtime. Swelling and redness may be noted immediately post treatment, but usually will resolve within 3-7 days depending on the condition of your skin. You should also expect tiny pinpoint scabbing starting 24-72 hours after treatments as a result of the use of our highly-effective Fractional Tip.
To minimize this downtime, we often recommend a series of skin treatments with our estheticians and the use of certain helpful products prior to treatment in order to get your skin in the best condition possible. We also recommend a collagen mask add-on immediately after treatment. This helps considerably with post-treatment redness, swelling, and downtime.
Expect a tighter, more youthful appearance, and reduction in the telltale signs of aging – including fine lines and wrinkles, texture and tone, acne scars, and stretch marks. This treatment is also a complement to all other skin rejuvenation treatments we do, yielding even more significant results in combination with other treatments.
Multiple treatments are recommended to achieve the best results. Treatments are spaced 4-6 weeks apart. After you’ve achieved optimal results, maintenance is recommended at one treatment seasonally or another series 1-2 times per year depending on skin condition and age.
For longer-lasting results, we recommend Sublative RF treatments in combination with Sublime treatments and microneedling (our most popular combination of treatments!). See our Skin Rejuvenation Treatments Packages for more.
(5) Post- Treatment
- Avoid tanning booths and sun exposure (no change in color of skin) post-treatment for 2-4 weeks, and wear sunblock (SPF 40+).
- Avoid exercising 24-48 hours after treatment to minimize the “sunburn” sensation.
- Avoid exfoliating for the first 7 days.
- Book a face treatment 3 weeks later so our esthetician can exfoliate and hydrate your skin professionally and recommend proper products and regimen.
- Book your followup appointment before you leave so that you can remain compliant with your treatment schedule for best results.
Additional post-treatment instructions will be given to you at the time of your first treatment and are always available on our Forms page.
Before & After